The Australian share market is set to open slightly lower later this morning, following declines in U.S. and European stock markets overnight.
SPI futures are down six points, 5645.
Local data: Consumer confidence January
Overseas data: China property prices December; Euro zone CPI December; US CPI December, Industrial production December, NAHB housing market index
- SPI dn 6 pts at 5645
- AUD at US75.46¢
- Dow Jones -0.2pc; S&P500 -0.2pc; Nasdaq -0.5pc
- FTSE100 -1.5pc, CAC -0.5pc, DAX -0.1pc
- Spot gold +0.9pc at $US1213.52 an ounce
- Brent oil +0.4pc at $US56.06 a barrel
- Iron ore -2.5pc at $US81.55 a tonne
What happened overnight?